Saturday, August 11, 2012

Red military shorts

Hey everyone. Ever since I've started sewing, I thought it would be cool if I could make a radical pair of red military shorts, you know, with the gold buttons down the front. I used a 1969 Style Pattern from the op-shop (again) for $2, and got started. I've always imagined wearing my white knee-high socks with them.




Here are some close-ups. I was  a little disappointed in the cotton fabric I made them from, they get wrinkly after I sit down, but otherwise, I love them.



I salute you all, blog followers.


What I wore:
  • Red beret: Thrifted
  • Military jacket: Thrifted
  • Frilly top: Thrifted
  • Mary janes: Passed down from mum

2 comments:

  1. Oh very cute. And yes damn that cotton and it's wrinkles. I guess these shall become your 'never sit down super cute shorts'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Yeah these will totally become my 'never sit down super cute shorts.' Thanks for the
      comment :)

      Delete