Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mini Tumblr #5 - Alexander McQueen.


Hello again. How's it goin'? Good? Well it's pretty damn hot here in Melbourne! And I can't stand it! The only thing you can do in this weather is, a) Jump into a pool full of ice, or b) Jump into a pool full of ice. But unfortunately, I don't have a pool full of ice. So all I can do is absorb more fashion, and I definitely do not have a problem with that. I'm loving fashion more and more as I discover it. It's so exciting! So here comes another Mini Tumblr.

This post is all about Alexander McQueen. I've been a fan of his for a while, and no, I did not first see McQueen on Tavi.*gasp* My mum has books of his work, and the first time I saw it I thought, "This guy's crazy! How can a single human being create things like this? I love him!"

Above are pieces from the Pre-Fall 2009 collection. They're pretty radical, the hats really bring the outfit together? I'm sorry. I don't really know how to describe how much I love outfits. I don't classify myself as a very good...uhhh...describer? Explainer? Reviewer! That's the word I was going for! So yeah, please be nice. I'm just going to let these pieces (above) speak for themselves, if that's okay. ^.^


These here are from the Resort 2011 collection. I love the long back on the shirt (left picture). From the back it would look like a dress, but from the front, this shirt is just an ordinary shirt! Well, an ordinary Alexander McQueen shirt, hehe!
Of course I can't forget that amazing dress on the right there. I can't even begin to imagine how McQueen made it stick up like that. All I can think of is that must of been some pretty strong interfacing he used, haha!


I've always been a fan of houndstooth fabric, and this Fall 2009 collection drives me cray-zay! I love how people layer patterned fabrics on top of one another. Tavi is a great example of that actually! I've recently been wanting to try it out, but this stupid weather doesn't help! God damn summer.


Here are some of my favourite dresses from McQueen's Pre-Fall 2012 collection. The shape of the skirts are so perfect! along with the fabric, which is just....*sigh*....so dreamy.


This dress is from the Fall 2010 collection. The fabric is amazing! and so are the shoes! and the dress the fabric is made into! and the.....dah! I just love it! This dress Lady Gaga is wearing looks like it belongs in this collection too, but it isn't. She must of gotten it made especially for her.


I absolutely L.O.V.E this collection. It's the Pre-Fall 2013 collection. Don't you think every piece is perfect? I mean, there is not one flaw in this collection. I would get married to absolutely anybody if it meant I could wear that dress (on the far left). I demand you all to check out the rest of the collection, but be careful. I fell into a one-hundred-thousand-and-fifty-one-minute-coma just after looking at the first piece. So good luck.

And to finish of this post of awesome Alexander McQueen-ness, this orange delight from the Pre-Fall 2011 collection. There are no words to describe this outfit. It looks simple at first, but then looks complicated after you realise it's made from Alexander McQueen. Do you know what I mean? 

Now to really finish off this post, with some more Lorde. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. I love Alexander McQueen!!! He was such a genius and it's a shame he chose to leave us so soon
    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, Jodi. Thank you for reading my blerg. xx

      Delete