Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mixing and layering prints.


I regularly empty out my wardrobe to remind me of what I own, so I could get an idea of what I could mix together to make a radical outfit. I love tartan and floral together. It's interesting how fabrics that don't belong together just....work. So I've been mixing prints and layering a lot lately, and so today I wore this!
This jacket is the best thing ever! This outfit wouldn't be as good without it, and I can't believe it was thrifted! I'm also in love with my new Lime Crime lipstick. (Styletto) It sticks to your lips pretty well throughout the day without having to re-apply as much as you would, and you can wear it with so many different outfits opposed to New Yolk City (yellow). I've been experimenting a lot with it, but I can't think of anything to wear it with without looking too ridiculous. Maybe I should wear an all black outfit? That could work! Does anybody have any suggestions?


What I wore:
- Necklace: Gift from a friend.
- Tartan dress (worn as top): Thrifted.
- Houndstooth belt: Thrifted.
- Magical floral jacket: Thrifted.
- Elephant badge: Handmade.
- Floral dress (worn as skirt): Mums clean-out.
- Studded Gaga gloves: Dangerfield.
- Leopard printed socks: Dangerfield.
- Platforms: Mums clean-out.

Hmmm, who should finish this post off for me today? How about some more Courtney?! I've been fangirling over her a lot lately. I've got a couple of nylon slips from my Mums clean-out, maybe my next "What I wore" post could be Courtney Love inspired?


1 comment:

  1. Outfit looks awesome and your hair looks especially great here! Xx

    www.jessica-chelsey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete