Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Art Journal


This is my art journal, my all time favourite possession. Actually, this year is my first year using an art journal. In the past years I've just written in a diary, but this year I'm getting arty and creative! I also feel totally organized with my lists and things. I love it so much that I want YOU to have a look inside! Well, I'm only showing the non-private pages. The ultra-private pages and diary entries are either not photographed, or blocked with paper that reads, "PRIVATE PAGE. FOR MY EYES ONLY!!!" So yeah, don't even try sneaking a peek at my thoughts, hehe :)


The second (first for you) page is of my New Year's Resolutions. I'm not really going by them anymore, I'm just letting whatever happen, happen. I find New Year's Resolutions stressful, because at the end of the year when you then realize you haven't done anything on your list, you start whining about how lazy you were or whatever. And as much as I would love to get a job and start shopping like mad, I've got exams and stuff this year, and I want to blog, sew and do other things that I love to do as well. So yah, that first resolution is definitely not happening. I might get the other four resolutions accomplished without even trying though! :)
Anyways, enough about procrastination and New Year's Resolutions. Do you like my little collage of Jesus and Virgin Mary holding Chupa Chups?! That shit cray! I also added in a list of my favourite albums at that moment. You probably can't read it, so the albums arrrrre:
- Heroine ~ Lorde
- Yesus ~ Kanye West
- Visions ~ Grimes
- Live through this ~ Hole
- The best of Les Rita Mitsouko ~ Les Rita Mitsouko


Here's a little page of my discoveries at that time.


On the left is a super secret envelope, with a super secret inside (Shhhhhh!), and on the right is a little comic of a dream I had about Tavi and I! It was so amazing that I just HAD to make a comic of it, well actually this is only one part of it. I haven't done the other bits, and I probably never will, but I did write down everything I could remember. Like when we talked about dying our pit hair pink, when we rang Arabelle and glitter flew out of Tavi's phone, OH and when we went shopping and ended up meeting a friend of hers who ran a game show called Walk or Dive. If he disliked what you were wearing you had to dive into some uber gross pool, but if he loved your outfit you could walk away. IT WAS SO WEIRD! (He ended up loving my ensemble if you wanted to know) But yeah, here is part one, when I first found her in my backyard *.*


Here's the other half of my comic, and on the other page is a little list of things I have to remind myself to blog about.


A fold out list that is! \^w^/ Yay!


On the left, a letter I've written to myself in the future (which I wrote a couple of years ago). And on the right, an envelope full of nice thingys people say that make me feel happy :) Kinda like an envelope full of affirmations. The way I coloured it was inspired by Minna Gilligan (who is an illustrator for rookie) 's work.


A couple of pages about a free dress day I was excited about.


Some pages about when I first found the No Frills Twins in a Dolly magazine.


Some Sky Ferreira fangirl pages.


Some fabulous, mini envelopes full of diary entries.


And lastly, a page of some wise words from one of my favourite Instagrammer's, Caleb Sheppard, who shapes his eyebrows to be so sharp they could kill! Haha! He's just too damn awesome with his platforms and style.
On the other page is a playlist of my favourite songs at the moment.

So that's just about it for now. Maybe I'll post about my journal soon, or just at the end of the year, or maybe never, I don't know. I'll probably be posting about these stylish babes I've been drawing some time soon. I'm just going to draw three more and I'll post! One thing I won't be posting about any time soon are pics of my bedroom I told you I would take. I've got so many more ideas like shrines and more posters. I'm also waiting for the opportunity to paint my white, mundane walls! Ohhh, when I do, I'm painting them the colour of Marlena's walls! I think the colour would coordinate well with all of my junk and stuff. I'm so excited! And can't wait to post about it when I get the chance. But for now, chiao!

4 comments:

  1. I love your nails in this! I keep a diary and it's mostly quite visual. I've started to lose interest in it now that I've found out my mum's read through it though. Privacy is rather flexible at my house (it suuuuuucks).

    riot-grrrl-guts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that totally sucks that your Mum has read through your diary, I would probably run away from home if anybody read all the way through mine, haha. Thank you for your lovely comment on my nails! xx

      Delete
  2. You don't have to get into Rookie, to be cool. I hope you know that, Eddie. Your style and your creativity is making a big statement already. I love your art journal. This is one of the best ways to develop ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, Anne! But you've got to admit that being able to be featured in Rookie would be pretty rad! I also hope you know that my name is spelt with only one 'D'. haha. Thank you for your wonderful comments! Keep them up! Haha! lol :) xx

      Delete