Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The ensembles you missed - Part 2


This here is my favourite free dress outfit of the year! As soon as I found out the theme was orange, I instantly knew what I'd wear. This batman dress is basically the only orange thing in my wardrobe. It's so different, and you can't really find it anywhere. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! My mum told me that she used to wear a dress exactly like this one all the time as a teen when my auntie found it for her. They were best buds in their teen days, and now they're related! Haha, cool right? Anyways, my auntie then found another one for me and I can't thank her enough for it. It's rad as hell! THANK YOU SAH MUCH, I LOVE YOUUUU!


So while putting this outfit together, I found these socks in my mum's draw and I've kind of claimed them. Oops ;/ Ever since I found them I have been wearing them 24/7. I wear them to school, at home when I'm chillin', and when I go out to where ever. You can also wear them inside out so you can wear them with or without stripes. I love thigh high socks so much, even when they're bunched down as well. They are one of my favourite accessories. Also, I took Mum's white pair too, soznotsoz.


I felt a bit naked and uncomfortable in just this dress and nothing over it, so I snatched this jumper from my mum's closet! It keeps me warm, it's oversized (you guys know how much I love oversized garments), and it's a bit see through so it still shows what I'm wearing underneath. It reminds me of a jumper Sky Ferreira wears (and THAT jumper reminded me of the sweaters in the burglar scene in the movie Drop Dead Fred), and I was fangirling over Sky so much at this time. So you guys could probably see that I NEEEEEDED IT!



I really liked my hair and makeup in this outfit as well! I thought I'd add some orange in there somewhere too. If I had my orange lipstick, I so would've worn it! In fact, my birthday (the day I was planning on getting me some Lime Crime) was a couple of days after! I remember a lot of exciting things happening in that week, hehe :3

What I wore:
- Cat bowler hat: Dangerfield.
- Striped jumper: Borrowed from my mum.
- Batman dress: A gift from my auntie.
- Striped socks: Stolen from my lovely mum, oops.
- Platforms: Mum's wardrobe cleanout.


For the last free dress day I decided to go all Halloween themed on everybody's asses, since it was Halloween :) This free dress day surprisingly wasn't themed at all actually. I totally wanted to dress up in a rad as costume, but I found this spooky ensemble fab enough to enjoy wearing.


I've had this dress I made for quite some time with nowhere to wear it and felt that it was quite appropriate to wear on an occasion like Halloween. As you can see because of the fabric, hehe. Other bits and pieces that added to my creepy put together was my Lydia Deetz necklace, my skull earrings, this dark purple M.A.C lipstick, my gooey green coloured hair and my superstitious black cat tights. OH, and speaking of superstitious black cats...


...my cubby kitty, Mr PePe, decided to join in on my photos! He's such a poser.


What I wore:
- Skull earrings: I actually have no idea.
- Lydia Deetz necklace: Handmade.
- Halloween fabric dress: Handmade.
- Belt: Thrifted.
- Ruffle dress underneath the Halloween fabric dress: A gift.
- Well improved bracelet game: Handmade/gift from pen pal.
- Cat tights: Dangerfield.
- Platformed Doc Martens: Solestruck.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A 'LATERZ DWEEBZ' FOR THE LAST TIME OF 2014! Thank you all so much for reading and commenting on my blog! It's so cool to know people like what I like and enjoy reading about whatever the heck I like to talk about on this thing. I love you peeps! 

Laterz Dweebz xx

2 comments:

  1. "Holy bat dress, Batman!"

    But no really, that is *rob lowe voice* LITERALLY the most amazing dress I have ever seen in my entire life! It reminds me of the 1960s adam west batman which is my favorite thing in the whole wide world <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Aw, you''ll have to go hunting for one, Tessa!

      Delete