Saturday, August 29, 2015

It's a god-awful small affair, to the girl with the orange hair.




Hi there, people of the universe! I thought that I should just quickly spam you with a few photos before letting you know that...yes, I am David Bowie...


Well...for a day, hehe.


This day that I speak of was my 17th birthday! Or more like my 17th birthday party which I hosted all by myself and turned out to be quite amazeballs if I don't say so myself, ahaha.*Brushes dirt off shoulder*

So yes, I did in-fact throw a party for the very first time during my seventeen years of existence, and I'm veeeery proud to say it was a complete success! Oh, and the reason for me dressing up like my darling Bowie for this day is because the rule for this par-tay was to turn up in a truly wonderful costume of your choice, and I had been planning to be Bowie ever since the idea came to mind. Genius amirite? Haha.


SO this party consisted of a super rad day at Luna Park with a group of unbelievably cool and well dressed up people that I like to call my friends, and lovely sunny weather that only existed for my party weekend and surprised me incredibly because of winter and Melbourne and just...wow. ANYWAYS enough about the wonderful weather!


After spending a few hours screaming on rides, crossing the road to enjoy McDonalds' tastiness, and nearly throwing up because of a couple that would NOT stop making out in the waiting lines (EW), we bought ourselves a bunch of sugar infested Churros and travelled back to my house for a wicked sleepover. This sleepover couldn't have turned out any better as we ate enough food to give us diabetes, danced stupidly to some tunes, and sat up early in the morning with a few hours worth of dmn's. Oh and you can't forget the ice cream cake and Murder in the Dark :3


So my party was a complete success! And so was my actual birthday thanks to the lovely people who covered me in birthday wishes and paragraphs of tear jerking words, the people who gave me the biggest hugs, and the people who gifted me with the coolest gifts, with one of those coolest gifts being...


... THIS SLINKSTER COOL ELECTRIC GUITAR WHICH IS AN EPIPHONE AND IS ORANGE AND SO IS MY CUTE LIL ORANGE AMP WHICH BOTH MAKE ME GASP CONTINUOUSLY BECAUSE MY LIFE IS SO PERFECTLY CO-ORDINATED RIGHT NOW AS MY HAIR IS ORANGE AS WELL OMG HELP *HYPERVENTILATES* *FAINTS* *GOES INTO COMA FOR SEVERAL DAYS*


Ahem, sooooo, um, yes, a really, very, truly, seriously wicked electric guitar and amp. Which belongs to me, yes. Yes indeed. I'm really keen to get better and better at playing guitar, like I have been doing with the drums! I love playing music. I really really do, and to be in an unfathomably cool band one day would make my life, but for now I'm gonna continue to jam hard to Bowie songs on the guitar, jam out even harder on the drums, and just work on being who I truly want to be. Which also includes getting back on that god-damn sewing machine! YES, YES LETS DEW IT!!! But for now I'm listening to my new Kings of Leon vinyl (ty to my cute dweeb of a bf) as I take in this beautifully scented bedroom of mine (ty to my favourite Pizza Queen) and finish writing this post, which was quite long but I'm not even mad, haha oops. 
\

What I Wore:
- White shirt: Thrifted.
- Tie: Made by the darling mother.
- Jacket: Thrifted.
- Pants: Made by the darling mother.
- Platform Docs (unseen): Solestruck.


I had a truly lovely time with these insanely cool people, and this party really couldn't have turned out any better thanks to them existing... Oh and of course for my seriously on point costume as well, haha! As much as this was a perfect excuse to be Bowie for a day, I feel like you should all know... that I...would gladly dress like him any day.

Laterz Dweebs xx

2 comments:

  1. Ummm....this is amazing. We shared this to the Church of Eternal Bowie Love FB group. If you want a bunch of Bowie in your life, come join us!
    Love, Dmitra Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. gawd this is cultural heritage to some not rehash

    ReplyDelete